Word of Ember blazed across the land, and the town of Torchlight flared to life.
Ember is the essence of magic and the keystone of alchemy; it lures the restless with promises of power and riches. Miners burrowed deep beneath the dirt streets of Torchlight, discovering veins of the ore richer than any found in living memory- but they were not the first to covet these mines. The miners broke through into the buried past, a dangerous labyrinth of caverns and ruined civilizations, twisted creatures and the bones of those who came before. Evil bubbles up from the depths and threatens to overrun this town as it has so many others. The heart of a villain has infused the Ember, and his darkness seeps through the veins. To survive, the townspeople must break the cycle of destruction; they need a champion who can destroy the evil at its root. Removing the source of the rot may purify the Ember, but it is a long and perilous journey. The champion must battle through rock and fire, through lost cities and ancient tombs, into the palace of the villain himself.
The adventure is set in the mining settlement of Torchlight, a boomtown founded on the discovery of rich veins of Ember – a rare and mysterious ore with the power to enchant or corrupt all that it contacts. This corruptive power may have dire consequences however, and players set out into the nearby mountains and depths below to discover the full extent of Ember’s influence on the civilizations that have come before.
Players will choose from among three character classes, and venture from the safety of the town of Torchlight into randomly generated dungeon levels, with a huge variety of creepy monsters, endless variations of loot to find, and quests to complete. The endless randomization ensures a long-lived gameplay experience.
* Randomization – Our level layouts are randomly created, so each adventure is unique. Monsters, treasures, puzzles, and items are also different each time you embark on an adventure.
* Easy, approachable interface – Torchlight is designed to be easy to play right from the beginning. The intuitive interface gives players easy access to a rich and varied world.
* Retirement System – Once characters are sufficiently leveled up, they can “retire” and bestow specific benefits and perks to new characters.
* Pets – Players will choose a pet to accompany them. Pets can level up along with the player, and will help in battle, carry items, and perform a variety of helpful services.
* Character Classes – Players will create and customize a character and choose an animal companion. Through cosmetic choices, skill path decisions, and the treasures they acquire, each character will be custom-tailored and different.
* Fishing – Players can take a break from the high-energy pace of adventuring to visit one of the fishing holes and relax and see what they can catch. Fish have interesting benefits for the player and pet, and other rewards can also be discovered
* Five new challenge room maps obtainable as rewards for completing various quests from Vasman in Torchlight.
* New challenges await in the Tomb of the Awakened, Estherian Ruins, Dwarven Fortress, Molten Prison, and Black Palace.
* Challenge rooms offer players more of an interactive experience, and require some thought to successfully navigate - complete them and reap the rewards!
* Root Golem Fire Breath now deals damage
* Ember Bolt had a bad value in higher levels
* Zealot lightning bolt now does damage
* Gem effects accumulating when recovering from socketed items
* Sushi Helm Recipe fix
* Added Blind Effect for modders
* New Unittype of Bossmap for modders
* Multiple spelling fixes
* Fixed a few spots where floor tiles where missing or had the wrong collision set
* Fixed various locations where monsters were getting stuck in some levels
* Limited Multi-language support added for modders ( tool coming )
* PERCENT_BLEND effect no longer sets the target - for modders
* Scale effect can now be permanent - for modders Code Fixes
* Option in Settings file to turn off steam cloud added
* Settings broke into 2 files. LocalSettings and settings
* Fixed rare teleport crash
* Fix for input latency on low FPS for skills; hotbar skills and items
* Alric Achievement now works on steam
* Fixed XP not being removed correct after death
* Passive skills now adhere to equipment requirements
* Fixed rare case when triggers wouldn't fire correctly
* Texture overrides fixed in paper doll view
* Fixed issue with some looping skills
Pick one site to download